Dust off the grill

A wise woman once said, "Deciphering html, even if it's beginner html for dummies, is no way to kick-off 4th of July weekend." I'll admit, I know this woman, and I trust her. That said, we're going to have to hold off on the Fresh surprise until first thing next week. Hopefully, you're already outside prepping your grills and soaking up the sun, and won't even think about computers, blogs or pesky html until Monday.

So have a safe and happy fourth all, here's hoping it's filled with good food! And if you're interested, here's a look at what's on our menu for the weekend...

Lemony White Bean Hummus with garlic and tahini
Forks Farm grilled chicken
Bikini Zucchini Salad (a clever name for a delicious diet-worthy mix of raw zucchini and lemon dressing, with a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts, Parmesan and basil- from one of my new favorite blogs)
Super Orzo Salad (made with whatever looks good at the farmer's market this afternoon... I can't get enough of this stuff!)
Grilled sweet white corn
• Buttermilk biscuits (the recipe comes from a Southern cookbook that was passed to me from my grandmother, and marked up by my mom and all of my aunts. Needless to say, it's a family heirloom.)

And because I would never end a meal without something sweet...

Black Raspberry-Blueberry Pound Cake
and
• Vegan Coconut, Chocolate Chip, Pecan cookies based on this recipe (okay, so this last one isn't exactly local, but I am a true believer that no holiday is complete without a bit of chocolate)

As always, we would love to hear about some of your must-have July 4th dishes (or drinks as the case may be). Fill us in next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment