A nice glass of wine with a pancake.

Last week I had trouble sleeping. I tried relaxing with tea and a book, but eventually the only thing that lulled me to sleep was watching a marathon streak of 'Scrubs' episodes. After powering through the entire season seven in a just few very late nights, one episode stands out in my memory. It's Turk and Carla's anniversary, and Turk is obsessed with having breakfast for dinner, brinner, to celebrate. The storyline reminded me of a too-long-dormant love for eating pancakes and eggs after dark. Making a good brinner at home, especially when it's cold and rainy outside, is one of the most comforting activities I know.


So when we were elbow deep in laundry late yesterday afternoon and Justin suggested an early brinner, I was immediately game. Not long after, I had slices of french toast on the stove while Justin scrambled eggs and fried bacon. We ate on the floor and watched the Eagles beat the Bears.

Turk's defense of breakfast for dinner sums it up for me, "I just don't see what's wrong with having a nice glass of wine with a pancake." Though my own brinner involved a nice glass of orange juice to help ward off an oncoming cold, I can definitely relate to the sentiment... It's kind of hard to beat brinner.


* In honor of sweet potatoes and turkeys everywhere, there will be new posts on Fresh every day this week.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm — I, too, love brinner! There is nothing like pancakes drowned in syrup or scrambled eggs and toast for dinner. I mean, brinner.

    And yay for new posts every day this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidentally, brinner is probably an excellent meal for a spork... Everybody wins!

    ReplyDelete